Best Ham Glaze Recipe
Here's a ham glaze recipe that is going to knock your family's socks off.
How to Roast a Perfect Turkey Everytime
Injectable Turkey Marinade Recipes for a Juicy Turkey
The BEST Homemade Stuffing Recipes
Cheesy Cowboy Potatoes Recipe
It's my favorite and I can't get enough of the ham that has this glaze over it. You will be amazed after one bite.
Best Ham Glaze Recipe
Perfectly seasoned with a sweet, savory taste - it's totally addicting. I was so full and still was eating ham.
Grab a kitchen torch and let's get "glaz'n." Courtesy of TopSecretRecipes.com
1 fully cooked shank ham (pre-sliced)
1 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp clove
dash of ginger
If you couldn't find a pre-sliced ham, the first thing you must do is
slice it. Slice thinly around the bone - but DO NOT cut all the way
down to the bone or the meat may not hold together when you are glazing
it. You may wish to turn the ham onto its flat end and cut around it
starting at the bottom. You can then spin the ham as you slice around
and work your way up.
Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl. Lay down two sheets
of waxed paper onto the counter and pour the sugar mixture on it and
spread it evenly.
Pick up the ham and roll it over the sugar mixture so it is well
coated. Do not coat the flat end of the ham, just the outer pre-sliced
Turn the ham onto its flat end on a plate. Use a blow torch with
a medium-sized flame to caramelize the sugar. Wave the torch over the
sugar back and forth quickly, so that the sugar bubbles and browns, but
does NOT burn.
Spin the plate so that you can torch the entire surface of the
ham. Repeat the coating and caramelizing process until the ham has been
well glazed (don't expect to use all of the sugar mixture). Serve cold
Ham Leftover Ideas
Leftover ham works when making soups, sandwiches and eggs. But I have a few ideas that you will love. Ideas from Taste of Home.
- Halve uncooked biscuits, add chopped ham and cheese and then crimp the edges together. Bake until golden brown.
- Fry up onions, mushrooms and peppers with cubed ham and rice. Serve with plum sauce for instant ham fried rice.
- Make ham salad with mayo and dill pickles, or loaded baked potatoes with ham, cheese, ranch dressing and chives.
- Split pea soup. The secret: Instead of water, use the ham drippings. So flavorful.
- Make carbonara with sliced ham, black olives, bacon and spaghetti, and then stir in some cream cheese and shredded Parmesan cheese.
Ham Glaze Recipe to Easy Holiday Recipes
MissHomemade.com Home Page
Copyright 2014 ©MissHomemade.com
All Rights Reserved.